The Quiz of the Year
- The first storm of the year in the U.K. took place between 2 and 4 January causing widespread disruption, with flooding and gusts of wind reaching 100 mph. What was it called?
- Which 2 retail giants went into administration on February 28, 2018?
- What are the names of the former Russian double agent and his daughter who were poisoned with nerve agent in Salisbury on 4 March?
- The world lost a genius on 14 March when which world-renowned theoretical physicist, author, and cosmologist, died at his home in Cambridge, aged 76?
- On April 3 it was announced that London had a higher rate of what than New York?
- On the 19 April Theresa May announced a ban on which 2 items in England to aid conservation?
- On 23rd April Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a baby boy at St Mary’s Hospital, London who becomes fifth-in-line to the throne. What is his name?
- On the 19 May whose wedding took place at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, with an estimated global audience of 1.9 billion?
- On the same day who won the FA Cup, beating Manchester United 1–0?
- Which animated film set a box office record for an animated release, earning $180 million its opening weekend in June?
- On the 8 July who resigned as Brexit secretary?
- On 2 September a huge fire destroyed part of which famous landmark in Liverpool?
- On 27 October Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, the owner of which football club was killed when his helicopter crashed shortly after taking off from the pitch?
- On 11 November why were church bells heard ringing throughout the country?
- On 28 November whose analysis predicted that, in the aftermath of a no-deal Brexit, the UK economy would shrink by 8%, house prices would plunge by almost a third, while the pound could fall by a quarter?
- What is the Oxford Living Dictionary’s word of the year?
1 Storm Eleanor 2.Toys “R” Us and Maplin 3. Sergei and Yulia Skripal 4.Stephen Hawking 5. Murders 6. Plastic straws and cotton buds 7. Louis Arthur Charles 8. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 9 Chelsea F.C. 10. The Incredibles 11. David Davis 12. The Littlewoods Pools building 13. Leicester City 14. To mark the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War 15. The Bank of England 16. Toxic
Age Concern Liverpool & Sefton would like to wish all of our readers a happy and peaceful Christmas.