Director of Operations
Do you love the type of easy job where you can kick off your shoes, sit back and relax?
If so, then this job certainly isn’t for you! However, if you are the type of professional who embraces a challenge, has high standards and loves juggling excellence between different services then please continue reading as we would like to get to know you a little better.
Over the last couple of years, Age Concern Liverpool and Sefton has embarked on quite a journey. As a charity which focuses on supporting older people in the local community we have faced and overcome several challenges. As well as providing befriending, activities and support we also operate a specialist nursing home, The Hamlets, in Liverpool 8.
At ACLS, we are going from strength to strength and as our Director of Operations, you will also deputise for the CEO, and will play a part in helping to shape our future. You will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the organisation under the strategic direction of the CEO.
There is a heavy operational element to this role, with the post-holder being responsible for the day-to-day practical operations including acting as the Responsible Individual for our nursing home. The role may suit someone with established operational excellence who aspires to gain exposure to additional executive responsibility.
This position requires excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics and will direct and support staff as agreed by the CEO. Other key attributes include:
- Proactive and engaging leadership style
- Commitment to delivering services within ethical boundaries and considerations
- Previous experience of delivering multiple operational services is essential.
- Previous experience of HR, Health & Safety and other areas of compliance
- Knowledge of CQC and Integrated Care Boards (or similar)
- Commitment to safeguarding responsibilities
- Flexibility in terms of working hours when required
- Whilst previous third sector experience would be beneficial it is not essential and applicants who demonstrate the right competencies from other industries will be welcomed.
- Hours: Full time, 35 hours
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000. Dependant on experience.
- Holidays: 5 working weeks plus public holidays.
The future is exciting for Age Concern Liverpool and Sefton, and we are looking for applicants who can lead and inspire. You will also need empathy and be aligned with the ethos of the charity.
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, please apply today, including your CV and cover letter (no applications will be considered without a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role).
Closing Date for Applications is 21st August 2022
Please send you CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
For further information, please download the job packs below.