Can you help us define and achieve a new future for Age Concern Liverpool and Sefton?
ACLS are now embarking on an exciting new period of exploration and growth.
To achieve this, we are looking for two extraordinary leaders to work with our existing team of loyal and dedicated employees and volunteers, to bring the charity into a new phase in delivering our service to the older residents of Liverpool and Sefton.
Chief Executive Officer:
- Hours: Part time, 21 hours
- Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 FTE (Pro-rata £30,000 to £33,000). Dependant on experience.
- Holidays: 5 working weeks plus public holidays (pro-rated).
- Inspiring and effective leader.
- The ability to demonstrate previous success in securing and delivering third sector bid applications and grant funding within the community is essential.
We are looking for a high calibre candidate who will work with the board to ensure the sustained strategic direction and sustainability of the charity. They will also be responsible for overseeing efficient operations, as delivered by the Director of Operations. This includes responsibility for the financial planning and to act as its representative as appropriate within the City of Liverpool and the North West.
The CEO will ensure that resources are allocated to priorities, monitoring performance, managing risk, and ensuring that the appropriate ways of working, processes and productivity tools are in place to help us deliver our goals to agreed budgets.
The position requires excellent people skills and business acumen along with the courage to think outside the box and lead the charity into a new and exciting era.
Director of Operations:
- Hours: Full time, 35 hours
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000. Dependant on experience.
- Holidays: 5 working weeks plus public holidays.
- Proactive and engaging leader
- Previous experience of delivering multiple operational services is essential.
- Whilst previous third sector experience would be beneficial it is not essential and applicants who demonstrate the right competencies from other industries will be welcomed.
The Director of Operations will report directly into the CEO of ACLS which is an incorporated registered charity. The post holder is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the charity under the strategic influence of the CEO and will deputise as and when required.
The position requires excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics and will direct and support staff as agreed by the CEO.
There is a heavy operational element to this role, with the post-holder being responsible for the day-to-day practical operations including acting as the Responsible Individual for our care home, The Hamlets, in Liverpool. The role may suit someone with established operational excellence who aspires to gain exposure to additional executive responsibility.
The future is exciting for Age Concern Liverpool and Sefton and we are looking for applicants who can lead and inspire. It is equally important that our managers have empathy and are aligned with the ethos of the charity.
If this sounds like the role you are looking for please apply today using the job pack below. A comprehensive CV will be accepted, along with a covering letter. Please ensure that your CV and covering letter adequately explain your suitability for the role as outlined in the job description and person specification.
Chief Executive Officer
Director of Operations